The Right-Handed Embroiderer’s Companion: A step-by-step stitch dictionary has 160 information-packed pages, with step-by-step instructions for over 170 embroidery stitches including their variations.
- Each stitch is taught in fully diagrammed, step-by-step format
- Clear diagrams to help you see exactly how to work the stitch, and concise written instructions explain each step
- Photos of each finished stitch so you can see exactly what it should look like
- Vibrant inspiration photos for each stitch to show you creative ways to use them
- Hints and tips to help you with tricky steps and techniques
- A comprehensive range of surface stitches, counted thread stitches and needlepoint stitches including: antwerp edging, armenian edging, back, basque, braid edging, breton, bonnet stitch, bullion knot, buttonhole, cable, cable chain, cable plait, cast on, ceylon, chain, chevron, chinese knot, colonial knot, coral knot, couching, cretan, cross, diamond, diamond upright, drizzle, eyelets, feather, florentine, fly, four-sided, french knot, glove, gobelin, hedebo, hem, herringbone, hollie, jessica, long and short, loop, montenegrin, mountmellick, mountmellick thorn, needleweaving bars, norwich, nun, palestrina knot, parma, pearl, pin, plaited braid, queen, raised fishbone, rhodes, rope, rosette, running, satin, scottish, scroll, seed, sheaf filling, shisha, smockers’ knot, split, spider web, stem, tent, thorn, trellis, turkey work, vandyke, wheat ear, woven picots… and many variations of these embroidery stitches!
With our clear step-by-step instructions you will quickly feel that you can master almost any embroidery stitch. No more searching for stitch diagrams on the internet or in books, as it is all right here in The Right-Handed Embroiderer’s Companion. This is a stitch dictionary that makes it easy to learn all you need to know, and shows you exactly how to do it.