Crewel Work * LEVEL 3 *
Reflections is suitable for embroiders with some experience. This is an ideal project if you are familiar with crewel work and are looking to further develop your skills.
This design is strongly inspired by the work of William Morris and his daughter May Morris – which Anna greatly admires.
Anna tells us she can always find inspiration in the swirling, organic shapes and patterns used by Morris in both textile and wall paper designs. Reflections is embroidered using a colour palette of shaded iron greys and golden yellow to achieve a fresh and contemporary appearance.
The embroidery is stitched onto light taupe linen twill, using 24 different embroidery stitches to create textures and patterns within the design. The stitches used in this project are a combination of basic and less common embroidery stitches to add interest and variation.
The detailed instructions and diagrams will help guide you step by step through the project however, you might find it helpful to have a stitch directory at hand – Anna always does.
The shape and size of the panel is perfect for a square pillow. It would look equally stunning framed or make a fabulous large work bag.
IN THIS KIT YOU WILL FIND:
* INSTRUCTION BOOKLET with detailed, step by step instructions and diagrams
* Pre-printed, light taupe linen twill, 50cm (20″) square
* 17 shades of Appletons crewel wool
* 2 needles
Please Note: This kit does NOT include supplies to make the pillow shown
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
* 50cm (20”) wide slate frame | 90cm x 1.5cm (36” x 5/8”) wide cotton tape | strong thread for lacing
* 40cm (16”) embroidery hoop with deep sides and the inner ring bound