Mountmellick Embroidery: Inspired by Nature has 104 full colour pages, and two pattern sheets. It is greatly expanded from the first edition and is packed with useful information:
- Introductory information explains what Mountmellick embroidery is, its rich history, and has examples of historical Mountmellick embroidery.
- Chapter 1 contains step-by-step instructions (with diagrams and photos) for the embroidery stitches of Mountmellick. The supplies needed to make your own Mountmellick embroidery are explained. This edition contains additional instructions for tricky techniques such as turning corners with difficult stitches. There are photographs of each finished stitch.
- Chapter 2 contains step-by-step instructions (with diagrams and photos) for authentic knitted fringes that are characteristic of Mountmellick embroidery. The supplies needed are explained. This edition contains an addtional knitted fringe technique, and each method is detailed with step-by-step instructions.
- Chapter 3 has seventeen gorgeous Mountmellick projects, two of which have been created especially for this new edition (see below). There is a wide range of of projects to suit all tastes, applications and levels of expertise. Each project has a colour photograph, and there are close-up photos of each motif.
Mountmellick Embroidery: Inspired by Nature by Yvette Stanton and Prue Scott
- 104 pages
- 2 full size pattern sheets
- 195 x 275 mm / 7 5/8 x 10 7/8 in
- clear step-by-step instructions
- 600+ full colour illustrations and photos
- 17 beautiful projects
- Published Nov 2007
- ISBN 978-0-9757677-2-6