Over the Pond
Silk embroidery kit
The embroidery design measures 19cm (7 1/2””) in diameter.
** Silk Shading – Level 1 ** This project is a good introduction to silk shading (long & short stitch) if you have not used the technique much before.
The embroidery is worked onto a pale sage green cotton using 13 shades of stranded silk. Padded satin stitch in shades of bright turquoise is used for the dragonflies’ smooth, brightly coloured bodies and the glittering wings and cheerful buttercups are embroidered in silk shading (or long & short stitch).
IN THIS KIT YOU WILL FIND:
* INSTRUCTION BOOKLET with detailed, step by step instructions and diagrams
* Pale sage green cotton with fused backing, 35cm (13″) square
* Embroidery design printed, ready to stitch
* 3 needles
* 12 shades of Au ver a Soie, stranded silk
* 1 variegated stranded silk
* Fine gold metallic thread
YOU WILL ALSO NEED
* 25cm (10″) embroidery hoop, inner ring bound
* Small, sharp embroidery scissors