Benefits of ‘Elegant Hardanger Embroidery’
Discover what it is like to study as if this wonderful teacher were at your side, as you learn from this wonderful Hardanger embroidery book:
- how to easily create the stitches of Hardanger embroidery
- how to work those harder stitches that you don’t get in beginners books
- how to knit the characteristic fringes to edge your Mountmellick embroidery
- why you don’t need to be afraid of cutting the fabric threads
- hints and tips that you normally only learn in classes
- how to fix mistakes
- how to use your skills to work elegant Hardanger projects
Inside ‘Elegant Hardanger Embroidery’
|Elegant Hardanger Embroidery: a step-by-step manual for beginners to advanced has 64 pages, containing three information packed chapters:
- Chapter 1: Before you begin details all the materials used to create Hardanger, many of which you will probably already have in your stash! It explains how to read a Hardanger chart, and about stitching order. There are tips for left-handed stitchers and on caring for your embroidery.
- Chapter 2: Stitch instructions and techniques works step-by-step through each stitch and technique required for learning Hardanger embroidery. The steps have text instructions and a clear diagram to show you what you should be doing. There are many helpful hints and tips to enable you to get the best results.
- Chapter 3: Hardanger projects has fifteen beautiful projects to practice your skills. The projects, ranging from large to small have varying applications, including a table runner, hand towel, cushions, gift cards, sampler, and a scissors case. With gorgeous photographs, you won’t be able to resist them. Each project has a clear chart with step-by-step instructions detailing preparation, embroidery, construction and finishing.